Sunday, August 8, 2010

Officer, I was just testing the gas pedal...

If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you'd buy? (after you gave to charity). Mine would be a new house with a 10 car garage. For about 30 minutes this weekend, I got to experience what it would feel like if my winning numbers came in. Mark Motors had the new Audi R8 Spyder on loan for a few hours and I was lucky enough to take it for a test drive.

For starters, the car is almost 200k and while the temptation is to hit the pedal all the way down, there's the reality of handing over my licence to a cop who's sitting and waiting for a guy like me. I'm a huge car buff, and thankfully the web is filled with more experienced car geeks who'll tell you all the specs on this car. All I know is that is goes from 0-60 in a heartbeat and for a brief moment on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, it was a thrill to drive. If you've been to this blog before, you'll know that I'm a Ferrari fan who also loves the 69 Dodge Charger and occasionally sneaks a peak at a Porsche. On this day I would have tattooed the R8 logo on the base of my foot. My film crew never arrived (that sounds so Hollywood...like I have a film crew) at the end of the photos there's a little taste of what it's like to drive this car (courtesy of Car and Driver):
















If you're seeing this on my Facebook page, click on "view original post"