Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And the Oscar goes to...YOU!

When I first moved to Ottawa 16 years ago to attend Algonquin College for Radio Broadcasting, I had to look for a part time job. I worked at the school pub (Bert's Bar, now the Obsevatory) and as a server at Dunn's. Once the rent was covered, beer money was needed and I auditioned for a gig with Big Time Murder productions. With no formal training as an actor, owner Pete Dillon took a chance on me and hired me to play two different roles in his many productions. That same company, now going on almost 20 years is looking for new additions:

Actors, singers and Stage Managers to join the cast of part-time, paid professionals, performing hilariously interactive Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre and Variety Shows. We contract performers per show, giving the performer the choice to work as much or as little as they want. Looking for men and women, 20-70 years of age, with a big personality, comedic timing, a strong sense of humour, improvisation ability and, above all, people skills. Singing ability is also considered a great asset.