Friday, July 29, 2011

20 years later..

This day 20 years ago while away at camp, an opportunity came up to host a radio show. The studio was modest at best, in the rec hall kitchen and consisted of 2 cd players, a cassette deck and a microphone. Having been a fan of radio ever since I could remember this was my big shot, or so I thought. The frequency was 640am and maybe 10 people in the whole camp of 700 heard the show. What started that day was something I've never let go of and that's chasing the dream. In the past 20 years I've been able to do things I never thought possible and met so many incredible people along the way. The celebrities and rock stars are a nice perk, but meeting listeners like you everyday who give us even 5 minutes of your morning commute is what I cherish most. I'm always telling my kids to follow their dreams and as they get older they'll learn about the roadblocks that come with that, but it only makes you stronger and appreciate it more when you get there. I'm closing the first chapter of this amazing ride and getting ready for the next 20. In the meantime, here's the Eagles "Hotel California" on YCC radio, 640am....