Sunday, August 7, 2016

A customer service WIN

What's the first thing we do when we have a bad experience? We immediately post about it. I've done it, you've probably done it or read about it. This is the opposite, and it's a GREAT experience that I want to share. My wife has been having some back issues and the mattress that we bought 7 years ago hasn't lived up to what it promised to do. So I brought the original receipt into the Sears store where we bought it and dealt with a sales associate and explained that we were in the market for a new firm mattress, and showed him the original receipt, hoping that maybe it would get me another $100 off the new one. We purchased all our appliances at that store and have been customers for almost 17 years so I thought, maybe there's some "unofficial" loyalty points! Here's what happens; our sales associate Pierre Levesque narrows our search down, shows my wife some options, she chooses the one she likes and then he informs us that because the mattress is under the 10 year warranty and there's a guarantee, that Sears will replace ours with the new mattress at NO charge. I thought I was on one of those hidden camera shows. That's type of after sales service that I love.