Saturday, February 10, 2007

No class

Before my rant, thanks for all the Valentine's suggestions from the last post.

After the last Habs game at Scotiabank Place I made the comment the next morning on TGOR about visiting teams fans who boo the flag kids and how it shows no class. If you haven't been to a game, these kids win the chance to skate out with a Sens flag just prior to the starting lineup, do one quick tour of the Senators end and stand by the bench when the players come out.

The same thing has happened at Leafs games too.

One emailer sent the following, and I'm copying it word for word:

"stop youre bitching about the flag kids. I pay my money and i should be alowed to do waht I want. I bet you wouldnt be saying that $&%# if yiu didn't work for the Sens"

Working for the Sens has nothing to do with it.

If you're a fan of the visiting team and want to boo our team when they come out, or boo our captain the whole game then go right ahead, just don't pick on the flag kids. I know on the giant scope of things to complain about this pales in comparison to the NHL schedule, inconsistent rule calling and upcoming trade deadline but I've been meaning to finally get it off my chest.