Sunday, April 29, 2007

Game 2, Patriots and 3 on 3 hockey...

Well the 2nd game curse continues but here's hoping Game 3 back home will be loud. At least our time keepers know how to operate the very difficult ON/OFF button.

Many of you heard my wife call in last week and give me permission to go on that sports road trip, and while we all knew it was a trap by my clever wife she actually surprised me this weekend. She left me alone and free of household "chores" so I could watch baseball, Nascar, Golf, Basketball, and Hockey (all in HD).

You see, I'm not as stupid as I look. I've never been to an NFL game and really want to see my New England Patriots this fall, possibly combined with an afternoon at Fenway Paaaaaark. I've been to a Sox game and from what I remembered it was a blast, despite being loaded on 4 Sam Adams. Yes (4 American beers) I'm a lightweight when it comes to the Pints.

So by not going on the road trip I save up my "wife" points for a weekend this fall, one where I can introduce myself as being from Ottawa....

Home of the defending Stanley Cup champions.

Now, for those of you who can't get enough hockey and want to support a great cause read below:

3 on 3 road hockey tournament hosted by TD Canada Trust in Kanata. This Sunday at Frank Building Supplies (18 Grenfell Crescent, Nepean). beshal2@tdbank.ca or 613-592-8400 x. 248. $50 entry fee per team, 2 game guarantee, prizes, BBQ.