Friday, July 13, 2007

24 degrees and a guy named Frank...

The 6th annual Rautins-House celebrity classic was another success with over $75,000 raised for children's charities. Getting the chance to rub shoulders with the likes of Kirk Muller, TSN's Holly Horton and Jennifer Hedger, Sportsnet's Brad Fay along with many others was a real treat. It's a fun event at a great course and the live auction items were some of the best that I've ever seen. Speaking of which, I have to hand it to Steelback boss Frank D'Angelo who despite his Oscar snubbed tv commercials is about as normal in person as any of you reading this. Frank is a different cat who marches to the beat of his own drum and definitely lets people know when he's in the room. He puts his money where his mouth is and seems to enjoy outbidding most of the room when it comes to a live auction and from the guy begging for $$$, that suits me just fine. You put your hand up, I'll take the cash.

TSN's James Duthie after he failed to hit past the ladies tee.

(okay, so that might be a slight exaggeration...he nailed it 260)

5 time CIS winner Osvaldo Jeanty from the Carleton Ravens doing what he does best.

When it's -30 and my car won't start in the middle of January I will look at this picture from #9 at Camelot....
Fresh off her interview with TGOR, Julie Hinton begged to have her photo taken with me...that's how I'm going to remember it so screw off! (http://www.juliehinton.com/)