Sunday, July 22, 2007

There's a reason why I'm on the radio...

Now that I'm in my Carlsberg years I've realized that I'm pretty useless when it comes to playing sports. Being alongside some former Expos today at Lynx stadium reinforced that for good. Approaching the plate for batting practice, seeing Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd at the plate I actually thought (for about 10 seconds) that I would hit one off him. After 8 straight strikeouts I yell out "One more, Oil Can...this one's going deep" and without missing a beat he nails one down the plate at about a tenth of the speed he used to throw and quelle surprise, 0-9. I did manage 1-3 in the "real" game and tried to bunt at my last at bat....and then I remembered why my coach would always put me second to last in the batting order.

Original Expo Claude Raymond...

Warren Cromartie's reaction to my hit!

Here's me pretending to be "best friends" with Mr. Cromartie...

FYI - He's putting together a fantasy camp involving former Expos players sometime in January...we'll keep you posted.