Thursday, October 18, 2007

You always remember your first....

















50 years from now I'll be sitting around in a retirement home telling some young nurse how I got to announce Nick Foligno's first ever NHL goal on home ice. At the Sens golf tourney last month I asked the rookie how he wanted his name announced when the moment eventually arrived, as in should I go longer on the Nick, or Foligno and his response was let's try one of each then decide.

Tonight I went longer on the Foligno.

He celebrated by paying tribute to his dad, former NHLer Mike Foligno doing the leap.

Nick Foligno is a future Senator and regardless of how much time he has to play in Bingo this year, he's going to be on the back of many Sens jersey's for years to come.

Here's a great piece from Sportnet's Ian Mendes on the kid...