Monday, December 1, 2008

Sens and CHEO

When the Senators kicked off their season against the Penguins in Sweden, I was the PA announcer for both games. The NHL handed out tracksuits to those working down at ice level, and the one in the photo is mine. The Sens signed it for me so it could be auctioned off for charity.

I chose CHEO.

As a parent of two young kids, just knowing that we have that kind of place in our neighbourhood is something I don't take for granted.

On Monday night, I auctioned this off at the 10th annual CASCO fashion show, put on by business students at the University of Ottawa. The jacket fecthed $1300 from Johnny Hunt (who co founded the long running CHEO BBQ many years ago) In their 10th year, CASCO has raised a quarter of a million dollars for CHEO. Special thank you to the Sens for signing it, and to Gaston at Malen Framing for donating the frame as well!