Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Costco and CHEO

6.1 Million dollars was raised at this weekend's CHEO telethon.

1 million came in courtesy of Costco about 5 minutes before the end of the show.

I wondered on Facebook last week if I should renew my membership and when I saw that amount my mind was made up. As a consumer I'm trying to shop with companies that give back to the community. When tourists come to town and want to see the Royal Canadian Mint you could send them to Costco, but the bottom line is they came in, made a big splash and handed over a million dollars.

There are hundreds of businesses throughout our region that support CHEO but congrats to the store where I can get a year supply of Tide for stepping up. I still don't like having my receipt signed, but I'll continue shopping at a place that gives back.