Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting ready for the Women..

Sitting here in our production office at UBC Thunderbird arena and getting ready for the Canada/Sweden game followed by Slovakia/Switzerland later tonight. In between games we have a monitor and are watching non stop Olympic action. I have to admit in past Olympics I've mostly watched hockey but now that I'm in the bubble, I'm hooked on a variety of events including the Women's downhill which is on as I write this. Our schedule is the same everyday, get to the rink 3 hours before puckdrop and go over player rosters and scripts. I've been lucky enough to work as a PA announcer for big events like the Stanley Cup, World Juniors and over in Sweden but this is on a whole other level. The world is watching Vancouver and just getting an opportunity to be apart of it is something I'll cherish forever. If you want to watch one of the coolest promos for Canadian Hockey, click here. You may have to download a special viewer but it's from the CTV site and loads in seconds.